Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default GFI question

In ,
Kurt Ullman typed:
In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd suggest to remove all the loads, and see if the
GFCI resets. Add loads one at a time, as I did.

I tried that. The pool is closed down with pump and light off. The
only load from the cover is the indicator lights unless actually
moving it on or off. I did disconnect the cover motor because that
had been causing a problem a couple of years ago, but corrected after
they changed out a bad motor.
The fact that it isn't catching (which is did for a couple of
seconds even with the bad motor) is the reason I think it is the GFI
itself.

Of course, I assume that you checked the circuit breaker for that circuit to
make sure that it has not tripped and/or gone bad and needs to be reset or
replaced.

I couldn't tell for sure if you mean that the indicator light on the GFI is
or is not present and lit -- is it?

If it were me, I would want to first confirm that power is getting to the
GFI. If it is, then my guess would be that the GFI is bad and needs to be
replaced.