Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default I JUST TOLD HER "NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT."

In article ,
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

It would seem that you are a master at taking things out of context and
shooting the messenger. Those are the governments penalties, not
mine... as well as their classification system.

Sorry, there wasn't any indicator (at first glance anyway) that
these were from the government and that you weren't arguing that there
was no violation here because of these. Mea culpa, although I do claim
extenuating circumstances here such as it is hard to keep things in
context when context is lacking.

It will be interesting to see what fines, if any, are levied when the US
Government or one of their vaunted employees screw the pooch and
improperly disseminate HIPAA protected information.

Health and Human Services says that while it can investigate privacy
infractions for the VA, it has no enforcement authority. I could find
nothing about investigation of infractions at HHS-in house organizations
such as the NIH hospitals or Medicare. The applicability of HIPAA to the
hospitals of the military is also a bit unclear from what I can find. I
am sure this surprises you down to your toes. (grin).
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²