Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFI question

On 3/16/2015 9:36 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
My pool has a Ground Fault Interuptor that has two plugs but also covers
the pump, light and automatic cover motors. It isn't currently working.
When I push the reset in, there is no click and nothing happens (even
with everything turned off for the winter, the incidcator lights on the
auto cover should show). Before when I have had problems with the
circuit, it would at least catch and you would hear a click before it
kicked off again. This time, push in the reset and it just comes right
back out again, no click or any kind of reaction.
Does this sound like it is most likely the GFI itself?

My Mom's house had a GFCI trip, last week. What
worked for me was to unplug every thing, and then
the reset worked. I plugged one in, and stayed on.
Plugged other wire in, and tripped. So, that
helped me to troubleshoot.

I'd suggest to remove all the loads, and see if the
GFCI resets. Add loads one at a time, as I did.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus