Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Beneful dog food.........

On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 5:02:57 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 4:27:01 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
In our case I have a just opened 30 pound bag that appears to make our 5 dogs ill.

yet beneful refuses to test it for toxins,

toxicity could come from something in the bags material, some idiot poisoning in the supply chain etc.

they should get as many samples as possible, compare production locations, ship and manufacturer dates to see where the source might be from.

instead they refuse to do anything but a visual inspection...

That's what they said they would do with your product. Do you
know that they haven't already tested hundreds or thousands of samples of
their product that was returned where dogs died, were hospitalized, etc?
That is samples that should be even more probative?
This has been going on for quite some time, no? If you were the
manufacturer, would you spend your time lab testing one more sample
from a case with mild symptoms or
would you be trying to figure out other strategies to pursue with
what you already have? If I tested a lot of product already, I'm
not sure I'd send out more to do the same tests that show nothing.
I'd be looking at what they haven't tested for in what they have
from cases where dogs died, autopsies had been done, etc. In other
workds, I'd be looking more closely at samples from severe cases.
And I'd be looking at anything that changed in their formula, sourcing,
etc that could account for it. I agree the visual inspection makes no sense.

remember the tylenol scare. idiots were adding poision to the bottles. perhaps beneful doesnt want more expensive packaging?

Anything is possible, but this looks more like a possible contamination
of something in one of the supply streams. That's been the experience
so far with similar problems. If it was a common poison, done intentionally,
seems likely they would have found it by now. And it's going on all over
the country, isn't it? Seems unlikely it's someone tampering with the product.
You would certainly think they've looked at whether it's product from one
factory, one distribution center, etc. They almost certainly have and
can't pin it down. The alternative that you suspect is that they know,
just want to deny it and not even correct whatever it takes to fix it.
That seems unlikely to me, but anything is possible.

THEY CLAIM THERE IS NO PROBLEM AT ALL, AND ITS ALL A SOCIAL MEDIA HYSTERIA.

but when theres this much smoke theres obviously a fire.

in addition they didnt ask for production code numbers on the bags and havent recalled anything'

no doubt they are trying to avoid the costs of recalls, the costs of testing, and the costs of fixing whatever is wrong.