Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Toughest Job

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:21:34 -0400, Adam Kubias

On 2015-03-12 8:44 AM, Mayayana wrote:
| The point here is to share information, not
| complaints. It's not a chat room.
|
| Every once in a while, someone posts something on topic, and you need to
| complain?

I don't mean to be harsh, but people should know
the basics. Chatting happens, but instigating it as
a topic is *not* on-topic. It's not my rules. People
read posts with the assumption that they'll be about
the topic -- in this case home repair questions and
information. If the posts are not relevant then the
group serves no purpose and will gradually dissolve.

I posted to Adam Kubias not to be mean but because
he appears to mean well. If he were just another
anti-social, extreme right-wing political ranter then
I wouldn't bother trying to appeal to either reason
or courtesy.

This is a tip thread. Don't try to remove tile floors that are cemented
down, especially if you are not getting paid well.

I'm not a pro, or even an experienced amateur, but seems to me they
shouldnt' have put in new sheetrock before the demolition was done.
But people make mistakes all the time.

OTOH, if there had been more to remove, it might have been worth putting
up some heavy canvas to stop the shards from hurting it.