Posted to alt.fiftyplus,alt.home.repair,alt.online-service.webtv
Col. Edmund Burke[_8_] Col. Edmund Burke[_8_] is offline

Default I JUST TOLD HER "NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT."

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
On 3/14/2015 3:46 PM, Pat wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 13:40:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I agree

And you should bring a form with you anytime
you have to give out personal information.
The form says that you are giving confidential
Information and the recipient agrees to keep it
confidential and agrees to accept any liability
for accidental disclosure.

Have them sign and you keep a copy.
Every time we sign up for some BS there are
Tons of fine print we have to agree to.
Time to create some fine print of our own.

Mark

Good luck with that. Most people asking you for personal information
are employees of a comapny and NOT officers of that company. They
have no authority to accept any liability on the part of the company
without prior approval. They can commit themselves, but not the
company so you haven't gained much by having them sign your fine print
form.

Interesting point made by Mark as well as by yourself.

Add in the legal concept of agency and we can start to have fun. Employees
of a corporation are, of course, employees. They are also agents of that
corporation and the more authority they have within the corporation the
more you can tie them up and leave them twisting in the wind. A person
with the status of a manager or even the cashier at the local stop 'n rob
is an agent and.... Principals are liable for the torts of their agents.
And their actions - arising out of the course of their employment - create
liabilities for those same principals which, in the case of a corporation
is the corporation.

Unless prohibited by law "Hey, applicant, are you married and planning on
having a kid?" they are free to ask you anything they want and, similarly,
you can tell them whatever you want or nothing.

Nancy Reagan had it right: Just say NO!

For some reason a big question being asked in the medical arena is, "Do
you have firearms in the home?" Correct answer is "That would be none of
your business!"

I have firearms in Sunset Chateau, and I'll use the business end of it on
any coons who try to break in.