Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default OT ear plugs that work?

KenK writes:

Anyone found any ear plugs that work? The silicone surface plugs don't seem
to work at all. The foam(?) cylindical ones with the rounded end work very
poorly - quite well if you put your fingers in your ears on top of them but
that's frequently not practical (brand, Mack's). Any I missed? That's all I
saw on the store shelf I tried.

I need something that fits in the ear, not on the surface like ear muffs or
headsets with or without music. I want something I can sleep comfortably
with. The sound generators that make surf or rain or whatever sounds don't
help me much.

Any suggestions?

And why would noise interfere with sleeping?

I used to live right next to railroad tracks.
Trains would make all kinds of noises all night
long. I'd sometimes get woken up, but I'd go right
back to sleep.

Now I have tinnitus.
Nothing will stop that noise.

Anyway, they make ear plugs out of something
like Play Dough, I've tried to use them for
swimmers ear, You just stuff some in your
ears. Fits some of the criteria you mention above.

--
Dan Espen