Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Calculating weight distibuted on concrete slab with pool on top

"Mikepier" wrote in message
I have been using my Intex Ultra frame pool for the past few years on my
concrete slab in my backyard and was just curious what is the actual weight
distributed on the concrete.

The pool is 14 feet round and holds 3,300 gallons of water. A gallon of
water weighs 8.35 pounds, so that equates to 27,555 pounds on the slab.

Calculating the area of the pool, radius^2*PI= 49*3.14= approx 154 ft/sq

So if I divide the weight of the water by the square footage:

27,555/154= 179 lbs per square foot.

Meaning there is 179lbs of weight per square foot on the slab, correct?

How does this relate to the standard strength of concrete? Is it usually
3,000 PSI?

Matters not the area of the pool. Use the depth of the water to calculate
the load (in^2, Ft^2). The reality after two years the damage is done/not
done. If damaged you may need to fix when the pool is removed. If not
damaged you have no problem