Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Remote sensor thermostat

On 3/12/2015 11:13 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
notbob wrote:
My current stat is in the hallway. I'd like to move it to the front
room, mainly cuz I don't live in the hall. Yet I don't wanna rip out
my walls to rewire the stat location. Does anyone make a single wire
stat that has a remote moveable sensor, so I can heat my front room to
a temperature more akin to the temperature in the hallway?

nb

Hi,
Considered wireless thermostat? Then you can move the thermostat any
where in the house. There may be a model who accommodates remote temp.
or humidity sensor for sure.

A thermostat still needs to be wired to the furnace unless one has a
magical wireless furnace. The wireless part simply allows remote
connectivity via home Wi-Fi or internet.