Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Actual PEX Inside Diameter (Size)

On 03/12/2015 4:22 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:59:57 -0500, wrote:

On 03/12/2015 10:52 AM,

And take into account virtually no (Canadian, anyway) insurance
company is willing to write new business on a building with ANY
galvanized waterpipe or cast iron sewer pipe. (for good reason, I
might add!!!)

I'm having a hard time believing that...there's just too much of it in
existence to be so. Must be other mitigating factors as well methinks
if so...

Well, I spend every morning in a general insurance office and I hear
all kinds of houses with 1) cast iron stacks 2) knob and tube wiring
3)galvanized water pipes 4) services less than 100 amps, 5) houses
with woodburning stoves as primary source of heat or un-certified
woodburning appliances and 6) houses with aluminum wiring and no
current inspection having trouble getting insurance coverage,

If you are already insured they cannot or will not stop covering you,
but if you buy a house with any of these "problems", good luck. Might
get away with one, but 2 or more and if you get coverage it WILL be
expensive.

That's more what I would expect; it's a combination of things but again
it seems like given the number of houses of the age a general
prohibition en toto would raise such a hullabaloo that there would be
riots in the streets.

Sounds to me like most of the problems in the above cases would really
be electrical, not plumbing from an underwriting risk.

As in my related story, that we don't try to skrimp on; the plumbing can
get by with in many cases at least for main stacks.