Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RedAlt5@hotmail.com is offline

Default New Water Heater Regulations - April 16

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 1:26:44 PM UTC-5, Jerry Pennwalt wrote:
If you are considering buying a new water heater, you might want to do it soon
because updates to the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) that
will go into effect April 16 will impact your choices and costs in the future.

http://www.omaha.com/money/new-water...19941a401.html
- or - http://preview.tinyurl.com/khkbtlw

http://www.kvue.com/story/money/cons...pril/24390441/

I just bought a new natural gas water heater and will be using a 3/4" flex
connect kit.

Which one of the 2 flex kits below is preferred?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_185259-135-9008084046_0__

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-Lea...CK18/202255002

The HD kit is basically a rubber hose inside a braided stainless-steel sheath.
The one at Lowes is corrugated stainless-steel (no rubber core).

They got me already. I bought & installed a new Propane unit last month, 4 days after it was manufactured. It looks 25-30% fatter than the replaced unit, and I had to use flex fittings to match the old height & depth.