Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Kind of -- Daylight Savings Time Issues

Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Yes, I know this is not a computer group, but the old OS groups are
pretty much dead and searching online is not getting much....

FYI, this particular computer uses proprietary software programs in
an industrial application and cannot be upgraded past Win 2000.

What is the recommended procedure for setting the windows time
(bottom right desktop) when the US goes from standard to daylight
savings time in March?

Should I change the Windows clock (bottom right corner)? Any times
or settings to change in IE6 or OE6? Win2000 and IE6 are both up to
"date" as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
OE 6.00.2800.2000
IE 6.0,2800.1106
Win 2000 Prof Version 5.0 Build 2195 SP4

I didn't know that W2K wasn't self-updating for DST . Try double-clicking
on the time in the toolbar to open it , then manually change it . Try
clicking on the date and time icon in control panel , then on the time zone
tab in that window . XP has an option to auto-adjust for DST , W2K might too
..

--
Snag