Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default plumbing runs

On 03/09/2015 11:28 PM, gregz wrote:

Second full bathroom. The use of both would be very occasional. I'll have
to think about this a while and look things over. Things do slow down when
any two things are being operated. The house I grew up in didn't have any
fancy piping. I never really noticed a huge problem. The regulator might be
a factor too. I know air compressors regulators limit flow if undersized.

"HUGE?" is in the eye of the beholder, often. If it's "the way it
always was" then don't have any reason to think otherwise.

I certainly wouldn't classify a 3/4" feed run to the reducing tee supply
run "fancy piping"; it's pretty much a standard technique.

In particular, however, as noted before in the sidebar conversations, if
this is the main feed and there's also DW (or may be in the future) or
simply for resale value it can't hurt and surely can't be either very
complicated to do or add much additional expense over the other to
incorporate.