Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Calculating weight distibuted on concrete slab with pool on top

"Mikepier" wrote in message

I have been using my Intex Ultra frame pool for the past few years on my
concrete slab
in my backyard and was just curious what is the actual weight distributed
on the concrete.
. . .
Meaning there is 179lbs of weight per square foot on the slab, correct?

How does this relate to the standard strength of concrete? Is it usually
3,000 PSI?

If there is a standard, it is probably shown on line at the US National
Bureau
of Standards.

179 lb. per square foot seems safe and normal. Lots of people
weigh 179 pounds and the bottom surface of their shoes totals
less than 144 square inches.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs