Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot Latex Paint ...very poor coverage

Mayayana wrote:
The original colour was a beige /tan . And yes .......3coats WITH a
latex primer when I used Behr and Private Estates ( GP ). Aura is
the only paint I'd trust if I needed to use white again ...and even
then it would be 2 coats ...not the ONE they advertise .

You said you'd used non-Aura, so I'm assuming
you have used Aura in the past. Were you running an
experiment this time? Why would you use 3 different
paints -- 2 of them cheap brands -- on one project?

big snip
I'm afraid the paint technology is
just not keeping up with EPA requirements.

My only recent experience with paint is using Doit Best "Best Look"
exterior paint/primer . It's made by Sherwin Williams , and I was very
pleased with the results (I got a gallon of pastel base for cheap because
the can was dented) . This paint is thick , and covers well in 2 coats on
bare and previously stain/varnished wood . We'll see how it lasts , I used
it to paint my bee hives , which will be out in the weather year round .

--
Snag