Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default plumbing runs

On 03/09/2015 12:55 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 12:33:04 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

I'd say "marginal"...

I don't see why it's marginal. I have a 1/2 bath plumbed with 1/2" copper,
works perfectly. The tubing on the fixtures is down to just 3/8". What flow
rate do you think you need at a sink and toilet?

Bet it's not also on a main feed to a full bath _both_ of which are fed
only by 1/2".

The bath itself will be fine if the flow to it's main isn't restricted.

How good/bad it will be will, of course, also depend on what the other
bath actual configuration is, but I'd err on the side of larger rather
than smaller unless given further details.

It can't cost that much; he can even likely reuse virtually all the
existing 1/2" anyway...