Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default plumbing runs

On 03/09/2015 9:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 10:05:22 AM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 03/09/2015 2:53 AM, gregz wrote:
wrote:
I got a bathroom. I'm adding a second downstairs right below. ...

Run from hot water tank 20-25 feet, and cold tap. Still going to use the
1/2 feed from regulator and hot water tank.

I think you'll be sorely dissatisfied by the result if there's any
possibility whatsoever the two are being used together. That line needs
to go to 3/4"...

--

A big unstated factor is if the new bathroom is a full one, ie with
shower or tub, or just a half bath. Half bath, 1/2" would be fine.

I'd say "marginal"...