Posted to alt.home.repair
Albert[_6_] Albert[_6_] is offline

Default Home Depot Latex Paint ...very poor coverage

replying to finite.guy , Albert wrote:
finite.guy wrote:

I spent a fortune on Home depot topof the line Latex. I primed the bare

wood
with primer and the it basically too 3 or 4 coats to cover. The color is

white.
I don't know what's wrong with Latex paint these days. I remember when

Latex
fist came out in the early 1960's. My father bought Dupont Lucite Latex and

he
never had a coverage problem. The crap they have today is like water.

White is a helluva color to get to cover properly . Last spring I used
three different high- end whites on one interior job trying to get
coverage in 2 coats -Behr ( Home Depot ), Private Estates from General
paints , and a Benjamin Moore product ( not Aura ) ...two of them WITH a
white latex primer first . In every case , including the primed walls , it
took 3-4 coats of product . I knew it would be an issue ...but didn't
expect it to be this much of one . Luckily I charged by the hour and
didn't quote first.