Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default 5.56 ammo ban

On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 09:03:11 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

You can say what you want, but I've given you several major news
organizations that show Brazil has a serious drug problem.

That's to be expected in a country where drug laws are so
harsh that people are willing to pay police, justice, whatever it
takes not to be put in jail. Harsh drug laws breed corruption.

And that's despite decriminalization of drugs.

I said it before, I'll say it again. I live in BRAZIL. There
is a 15 year jail penalty for trafficking drugs, of any kind, yep,
even cannabis. We are not Uruguay, were cannabis is legal.
And when they catch the traffickers in the act, the DEA
convinces the judge to release everyone and drop all charges. No, I
can't explain why the DEA supports Colombian cocaine going to Europe.

This is the official police record of what I described
earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MMjzvUNWyY

Logs showed it was the 30th run, 500kg of cocaine, total
15.000 kilos. That is a LOT of cocaine.
DEA arrived the next day, charges dropped and all the suspects
released. 9 months later, no one in jail, helicopter was released and
drugs were "destroyed" in a private facility owned by a friend of one
of the heads of the gang (Aecio Neves). That's why we have such a big
problem. Organized crime thrives on laws that make bribes the only
alternative. Everyone is in their pocket. Even the most "honest" crook
would rather pay than rot in a Brazilian jail.
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012