Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Daylight Stupid Time

In article ,
wrote:

The phone may not be able to determine that someone has travelled into
another time zone. Especially the basic phones. I guess many of these
newer "smartphones" have built in GPS. At least that is what I've
heard. I only own a prepaid basic phone, which is all I need.

We have been going South every year for the last 10 with old phones and
smartphones. The trip includes a run through some of the Central time
zone and then back to Eastern. Each time we passed timezones the phone
changed seamlessly. The time on the phone is tied to the time stamp on
the cell tower you are using so it wouldn't have to know when you get
into another zone.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein