Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Need tips to dry wet spot on carpet

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 7:42:26 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Winter time, the air is already dry. Put out a couple
fans, and keep the air circulating. That's my first
thought. Maybe a neighbor or friend has either a
wet vac or a carpet extractor you can borrow for this
incident. By the next day, any soak in damage is likely
done and can't be reversed.

Agree. Just get a fan and keep it aimed at the carpet.
With dry air moving past the carpet, it will dry out fast.
Shop vac would be good if you had it initially or if there
was standing water. But by now the water has spread out,
dispersed and I doubt a vac is going to do much good.