Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:44:40 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Yes, I agree, there are many ways. But it still is a big missing piece
of the story. It would have been very easy to go try to talk to the
lab and see what they have to say. If they're honest, you would think
they would be willing to take a 60 mins sample, test it and see what they
get. That would be interesting, for sure. If they agree with the 60 mins
numbers, then it would suggest that it's some sample switching, like you
suggest. If they don't get those high numbers, then the obvious question
is what's different in the tests.

My guess is the lab is honest. They test what they are given. I've
been involved with 3rd party testing and inspections for a dozen
years. Every quarter an inspector would come un-announced, take
random samples and send them to the lab. If you want to cheat, it is
very easy to control what is sent.

Would have been interesting to see the comparative results, but my
guess is their lawyers don't want to get involved. It was never said
if they were contacted.

Looks like Congress is going to get involved now too. That should be
interesting.

I feel so much better now.