Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Lumber and now... toe nail fungus

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:26:09 -0500, "dadiOH" wrote:

I've been cursed with fungus (athlete's foot) since 1945, got it - guess
where - gym class. I have fought it for decades, best I've ever gotten was
sort of an armed truce.

I was a fortunate guy for a long time. I walked in bare feet on motel
carpets (which my mother said was a bad thing to do. Athlete's foot?)
and in gym locker rooms iirc. I never wore sandals in gym showers, and
I never had athletes foot until I was over 50.

Even then it was only between two specific toes and never got bad.
After a couple years it was 2 or 3 places on one foot, but never on the
other foot, even if I rubbed the bad spots on the bad foot, and then
used the same fingers to rub the same spots on the good foot.

But after 2 or 3 more years, it got to he other foot.

It got so bad I swiped my brother's mostly used bottle of Desenex and
used that, which cured me for about 3 days. (one application. I always
meant to put it on every day for a while to see if the cure would last
longer. )

Finally the bottle ran out. and at the supermarket they had more than
one product for this. And cheaper than Desenex. I didnt' want an
aerosol can -- the last thing I want to do is breathe that stuff -- but
that's what I got. I press the button as lightly as possible and hold
my other hand around the spray, and it really doesn't reach my nose.

Voila, 10 days' cure from one application. Finally remembered to use it
two days in a row, and it's been at least 30 days. Different active
ingredient from Desenex. I suppose more than one kind of fungus causes
athlete's foot, but it seems it can help to change what one uses. If
anyone cares, let me know and I'll find out what is in this stuff and
post it. I think it's the house brand for Maryland Giant
supermarkets, so I couldn't find a webpage for it.