Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Furnace statistics now in

On 03/05/2015 03:40 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"philo" wrote in message
On 03/05/2015 02:55 PM, trader_4 wrote:
In some of the coldest months it runs almost continuously and some years
even until the end of May I still need to run it.

At any rate it would have made no sense for me to stick a lot of money
into my 23 year old furnace and I had to do it no matter what.

That is the way I would look at it, at over 20 years old, it is time for a
replacement instead of a repair job. You may or may not save anything in
the long run,but you will not be throwing money at an on going problem.

Yep.

If I'm still here and get a new furnace in 20 years...even if it has not
100% paid for itself, it will have paid for a huge portion at any
rate...and it was something I would have had to get anyway even had
there been zero payback.