Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Furnace statistics now in

philo wrote:
On 03/05/2015 12:50 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

snip
Hi,
Assuming gas price stays put. Regardless saving is a saving however
small it maybe. I went thru same thing couple years ago. They just
installed furnace, gave me CO detector and I declined programmable
thermostat. I installed my own wireless thermostat and the CO detector.
I paid 400.00 less.

I don't see gas prices going down...but no matter what, the furnace will
eventually pay for itself.

I already have a CO detector and the humidifier from the old furnace was
fine, so re-used it...but the rest was new:

Furnace
Air cleaner assembly
Two stage thermostat
The old thermostat would have worked but I was told the two stage
would be better . An insignificant expense at any rate.

Hi,
That's good. I noticed 2nd stage comes on very seldom, only when it is
really cold outside. Few days a month on average. Today it is 13C, on
week end it'll be upto 17C.