Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Furnace statistics now in

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/5/2015 1:50 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I went thru same thing couple years ago. They just
installed furnace, gave me CO detector and I declined programmable
thermostat. I installed my own wireless thermostat and the CO detector.
I paid 400.00 less.

What is the advantage of a wireless thermostat? Mine are programmable
and rarely ever touch them. I see T-stats you can change using your
phone, but I've never found the need.

We have times when we go away for a couple weeks, long weekend, etc.,
during the winter. It is easier to turn the thermostat down to say 50
whilst we are gone, put it back up to normal as we are getting on the
plane and be nice and toasty when we get back. Last winter we also had a
stretch of -10+ weather while we were gone and I added extra heat,
albeit largely to make me feel better. That and I like to play with my
gadgets.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²