Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Making a blizzard survival kit

On 3/3/2015 2:54 PM, philo wrote:

When I was a kid I read a story about a business man driving home in a
snowstorm and eventually the snow was so deep and the visibility was
so poor he could drive no more.

He had a warm jacket so would not freeze and he had plenty of treats
that he was bringing for his family so he knew he'd be OK.

He really tried not to eat the treats but the hunger got to him and he
needed the energy to keep himself warm...so by morning he had eaten
everything.

The sun was now out and the snow had stopped...so he got out of the
car to get his bearing.

He was parked in front of his own house!

Sounds like an updated version of Pa being trapped in a snowbank in
one of the Little House books. He'd walked back from town with candy
for Laura and Mary in his pocket, and he got so hungry, he ended up
eating it. When the storm died down and he dug himself out, he found
he was just a short distance from their shanty.