Lee

Default CAPACITOR QUESTION

No need for confusion, was the replacement caps 1000 times the
physical size of the originals or not? There in lies your clue.
mfd has always meant microfarad as has uf, don't let the doofus
scare you so easy. If you want to talk millifarad you do it like
this - 470,000,000uf. So it still comes down to microfarads.

"Dennis Bush" wrote in message ws.com...
Wow you folks really have me confused now. The original board and capacitor
was made in early 1970 and are clearly marked nichion 470mfd35v. Now I went
to several electronic suppliers and cannot find a 470mfd35v(millifarad) in
a aluminum axial type capacitor which make me wonder now is it a microfarad
marked mfd according to older standards or not. Man am I confused.

Dennis
"Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl)" wrote in message
One is 470 microfarads will the other is 470 MILLIfarads...

I doubt that. The m is often misused to indicate micro. And a 470
millifarad cap would be huge!

Wouter van Ooijen

http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting