Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Testing For Mold: Ins and Outs?

On 3/3/2015 3:04 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Moe DeLoughan:
That sounds to me as
if they're hinting that a lot of these mold test companies will find
mold even when there is none, because that's how they stay in business.

That would be my suspicion - like the "Free inspection...." offered by
disreputable automatic transmission shops.

I had a free termite inspection. They found none but I opted for
treatment around the house as neighbors on both sides had infestations
and I was tired of worrying about it.

The inspection was a joke as I had already covered the areas myself and
thought I was more thorough. When the treaters came in, they referred
to the inspector as the salesman. I thought that was funny.

Something like mold or radon, I'd do myself unless you like expensive
remediation.