Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Testing For Mold: Ins and Outs?

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:13:45 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Has anybody been through the process of testing for mold in their house?

Mold was found at a neighbor's home during an inspection when he sold
the home. He had to hire a remediation company and then disclose it
during the sale. Some localities may require disclosure in future
sales, too. Water stains on a wall later proved to show a water leak
in the wall - filled with mold.

Googling, I see services; I see do-it-yourself kits; I see mention of
"Safe mold", "Bad-for-you mold", "Treat all molds as problematic..."

Lots of stuff... some of it apparently conflicting....

Unencumbered by any knowledge on the subject, my only thought is that I
would not want to hire somebody to do the inspection that also does
remediation, or has relationships with people who do remediation.... the
old "Let us check your automatic transmission for free...." and all
that.

Thoughts?

I'd try a home test kit. Once mold is discovered is may have to be
reported. What you don't know can't be told. (wink wink)

YMMV