Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Testing For Mold: Ins and Outs?

Has anybody been through the process of testing for mold in their house?

Googling, I see services; I see do-it-yourself kits; I see mention of
"Safe mold", "Bad-for-you mold", "Treat all molds as problematic..."

Lots of stuff... some of it apparently conflicting....

Unencumbered by any knowledge on the subject, my only thought is that I
would not want to hire somebody to do the inspection that also does
remediation, or has relationships with people who do remediation.... the
old "Let us check your automatic transmission for free...." and all
that.

Thoughts?
--
Pete Cresswell