Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring

On 3/2/2015 6:05 PM, N. Cognito wrote:
On 3/2/2015 2:56 PM, Frank wrote:
CA is in a world unto itself on chemical toxicity. I write safety
data sheets and if there is the possibility of a trace of a Prop 65
chemical in the product, I list it. If not, the likes of the Sierra
Club will analyze your product and if they find an
ingredient they tell the state and hope they fine you so the Sierra
Club can get a cut.

So would you allow Lumber Liquidator's formaldehyde flooring to be
installed in your home?

I damn sure wouldn't!

I'm not showing favor to Lumber Liquidators and certainly know that
Chinese dry wall had a similar if not worse problem. I'm just wondering
how bad the problem is as I know that CA has the tightest regulations.

As Oren points out it is not just new flooring that might out gas
formaldehyde and new carpeting out gasses lots of similar goodies.

If flooring had sat in a ware house at length, formaldehyde level may be
acceptable.