Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Lumber and now... toe nail fungus

"Mayayana" wrote in message
| My old podiatrist used to say hot water soak with
| some vinegar in the water. That helped loosen the
| dried skin. Not sure if it helped with fungus.

Interesting thought. I've wondered whether
there might be a good home remedy. People must
have had some options before there were anti-fungal
creams.

Amputation. It is the only sure, permanent solution

I've been cursed with fungus (athlete's foot) since 1945, got it - guess
where - gym class. I have fought it for decades, best I've ever gotten was
sort of an armed truce.

The nail fungus came many years later. A decade or two back I tried a
phatmaceutical house "sure cure". Needed a prescription, cost about $700,
had to use it for six months, money back guarantee. It did indeed get rid
of it. Unfortunately, it came back as soon as I stopped using the med. Got
my money back.

I've often wondered why some people are so susceptible to it, others not.
The only thing I can think of is body pH. Fungus abhors acidity which is
why people wrap cheese in something with a few drops of vinegar to keep it
mold free.

Obviously, my pH isn't acidic (probably) but I can't wear a base metal
wris****ch, metal is eaten up in a few months. If I am highly basic, maybe
that is why fungus loves me so?

--

dadiOH