Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring

On 3/1/2015 9:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Anyone watch 60 Minutes tonight? They has a segment about the laminate
flooring that Lumber Liquidators is having made at three plants in
China. It can be made 10% to 15% cheaper if you put in excessive
formaldehyde. It exceeds California limits as much as 20X.

The factories are putting the CARB 2 labels on but they say it is not
compliant. The LL CEO, of course, said he did not know anything about
it and will investigate.

I saw it too and question in my mind was that, while it fails California
standard, what about US standards?

I know on CA prop 65 that their no significant risk limits are far
tighter than those used by OSHA. Sixty Minutes had boards tested out of
state to prove tests were correct but did not say if other state where
they were tested would have failed them.

CA was also just testing the boards where I would expect the EPA to
sample the indoor air.