Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lumber and now... toe nail fungus

On 3/1/2015 9:26 PM, Mayayana wrote:
Interesting side note: I've had trouble with toenail
fungus on one foot. One treatment is to put urea
solution on the nail until it falls off. I used to have
a pint-size can of urea crystals from urea-formaldehyde
glue that I'd bought years ago at the Woodworkers
store. CVS wanted $80 for a tiny bottle of urea solution
-- a common industrial and agricultural chemical! So I
went looking for my can of urea, but apparently I threw
it out years ago. By CVS standards that can would probably
be worth over $20,000.

Product called tea tree cream (the oil might work
also) is supposed to help. Needs to be applied and
then covered with a bandage each day until the
infected nail grows out. Might take a few months.

My old podiatrist used to say hot water soak with
some vinegar in the water. That helped loosen the
dried skin. Not sure if it helped with fungus.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus