default

Default CAPACITOR QUESTION

Modern caps don't require reforming after a prolonged period of
storage in a discharged state. Don't sweat it (unless you have some
truly old caps and plan to work them close to their maximum voltage
rating).

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:00:04 GMT, "Dennis Bush"
wrote:
If my question seems stupid it is because I am new to this and trying my
best to learn how to make repairs to some basic boards. OK Here goes:

I had to replace two barrel type capacitors on a control board for a pinball
machine. The capacitors were marked 470mfd35v and I replaced them with
nichion 470uf35v. I read that you had to reform capacitors when replacing
them. It that true for brand new capacitors or just used ones. Please email

Thanks for your help
Dennis