Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Repairing pc traces on a multi-layered board.

On 16/06/2015 05:55, David Farber wrote:
mike wrote:
On 6/15/2015 5:27 PM, David Farber wrote:
The pc board is from a Korg piano. The model number is C-56M.
Schematic is here.
http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/K...ICE_MANUAL.pdf

The relevant pages of the service manual are page 30 for the pc
board view and page 121 for the schematic.

Photo of the board I'm fixing is here.
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...3-pc-board.jpg

The problem is that all of the 10uF 10v caps are bad. I've removed
them and replaced them with through-hole capacitors. Due to the
damage caused by the leaking electrolyte, I was forced to be
creative in finding working paths in the circuit that were still
usable. There is one spot I got stuck. Looking at the photo, you
will see a 5 pin connector which connects the volume control on the
top of the piano to this circuit board. There is no continuity
between the left and right output caps to the connector. I've made a
trail of red dots in the photo where the connections are supposed to
be. The dots do not represent a specific physical path but are there
for clarity. The way the signal path connects to the two pins are
from the negative sides of C116 and C117. (page 121 in the service
manual) and then through the two through-hole connections adjacent
to the capacitors. Is it possible to solder jumper wires from the
capacitors to the through-hole connectors (highlighted by arrows)? Thanks
for your reply.

Why can't you just run the wire from the cap to the connector?

Hi Mike,

I wanted to avoid running wires from the top of the board to the bottom. If
you meant running wires directly to the connector, those terminals are used
when the cable from the volume control gets plugged in. If you meant
anything else, I'm not sure what you meant. :-)

Thanks for your reply.

so drill a hole through a blank part of the pcb to pass the jumper wire