Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The shed wall

Behind my garage there is an attached shed. I opened the (plywood)
doors a while back and they came off in my hand. Last weekend I planned
on fixing them but . . . Turns out the reason they came off was that
trim into which the hinges were screwed was rotten. So pulled it off
and the T1-11 under it was rotten. So pulled that off and the studs
were rotten. So demoed the whole wall preparatory to rebuilding it and
the sill plates were not just rotten but an ant farm.

Well, decided to fix it _right_ so I'm not fixing it again in my 90s.
Also gave me an opportunity to give it a wider door to fit a modern
riding mower. So today's activity was going to be to put down some
cinder blocks to raise the sill 8 inches above the ground. Well, turns
out that every single beeping one of the sill anchors is on a web of the
cinder blocks. Every . . . single . . . blasted . . . one.
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Now I'm torn between just putting a few bricks on the ends to shift the
webs over or cutting off the anchors and planting new ones. Economic
sense says bricks. Lust for an SDS drill says new anchors. Decisions,
decisions . . .