Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9441 Ignoramus9441 is offline

Default Another little shop project

Great job Terry!

On 2015-06-18, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 6/16/2015 7:14 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I got a call this morning from a guy with a broken tractor part . This is
a clutch hub for a PTO , hydraulic actuatuion . The problem is that
something else broke and the clutch over-pressurized like 12X normal . The
pressure blew the lip (picture a sleeve about 2" OD with a groove around one
end) that retains the o-ring right off the hub ! The fix was to build back
the lost material with the TIG and some ER70S2 mild steel rod then machine
it back to spec . The only snag in the project was getting a bushing out
before I built it back up , trashed the original and had to machine a new
one .
I had a great day , stretched my skills and made some money to boot .

Nothing as satisfying as that feeling of accomplishment!