Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pulling very large gears

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 4:34:35 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus7394 wrote:

I cannot cut the shafts. It involves moving a machine for a
customer. He wants some gears and does not want other gears, but he
wants the shafts.

I have no idea of where to rent gear pullers of that size. There might be such a place, but I kind of doubt it. I expect you are going to have to jury rig something using some I beams, heavy chain , and a hydraulic jack. Penetrating oil and warming up the gears will help. Liquid nitrogen on the shafts will also help. Your local welding supply can help with the LN.

Dan