Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Kenmore side-by-side: no ice

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 10:49:47 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/16/2015 7:40 PM, bob haller wrote:

From my reading, an ice maker will operate, flow water at 20 PSI water
pressure, I haven't found a need to change it. Concentrate on the
unit parts and fix what failed.

theres flow, and pressure. they arent the same...

the solenoid valve is the most likely failed part

My experience is opposite yours. I'd replace the solenoid last. Wen he
filled it by hand it did not rotate and eject the cubes.

buying just the icemaker without the solenoid saves little money, and the solenoid purchased seperately is much more expensive.

so buy a ice maker kit that includes both, and begin by replacing the solenoid valve its a easy swap.

if it doesnt fix it then replace the ice maker assembly, at least it has a new solenoid valve.