Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.electronics.design
David Eather David Eather is offline

Default Update on the treehouse bridge in the redwoods of the Santa Cruzmountains

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:21:49 +1000, Danny D.
wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote, on Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:45:37 -0500:

You can't wrap the cables round the trunks, or you'll kill the trees in
a few years.

Actually, if you saw the first pictures, the cables don't actually
"touch" any tree (this is the smallest pine at the low end):
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2944/1...2b3de04150.jpg

What we did was attach two-by fours to the tree, and then wrap the cables
around the two by fours.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3870/1...f45d19e2_c.jpg

Dunno if that will "protect" the tree or not; but that's why we did
it that way (in theory).

You'll notice we doubled the cable at *both* ends also, so that
there are always *two* cables at all points, even around the big
tree where there is no cable joint at all.

Shouldn't there be a forestry or similar department you could ask for
advice?