Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Kenmore side-by-side: no ice

On 02/15/2015 06:21 PM, Oren wrote:

It's quit making ice. The solenoids for the water valves have electrical
continuity (~250 and ~350 ohms). The freezer temperature is well below
10F. No sign of any blockage of the water-delivery tube.

How do you know the delivery tube isn't blocked? Have you defrosted it
recently?

... testing the solenoid Ohms doesn't mean the valve allows water to
pass through. It can test good but then be stuck, preventing water
flow. So I've read.

I know that. BUT even when I add water manually, it makes ice cubes but
doesn't push them out. And I have now repeated the diagnostics test and
get the three flashes (not repeated) that indicate that the ice maker
itself is defective.

Perce