Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

| The key issue there would seem to be:
|
| A - Is glyposate at the levels found in foods consumed by people
| a poison? Bleach is a "poison", yet it's added to municipal
| water systems. So is flouride, which is also added to many
| water systems.
|
| B - What amount of glyphosate is left when the crop is consumed?
| And is that level harmful? Crops are sprayed with a variety of
| chemicals prior to harvest, eg insecticides. If that is OK, then
| what is so unique about glyphosate on GMO crops?
|
| So, my reply covered points A & B pretty well I think.

Except that glyphosate wasn't the issue being
discussed. GMOs was. You picked a post from
someone who doesn't understand -- and doesn't
want to understand -- the threat of GMOs. But
I think we've pretty much wrung that one dry,
anyway. Your "scientific" opinion is that all GMOs
are healthy to eat so long as you don't think about
it and keep jogging. So... bon appetit.

| So, one can drink a significant amount of Roundup and
| not get real sick. It's not something to spray in the air to keep
| cool, but spot application on weeds in my yard doesn't sound like a
| risk.

Which has nothing to do with the implications
of GMOs. But at least now I see where your view is
coming from.

You're spraying toxic chemicals on your own
land because you don't feel like bending down
to pull weeds? And what are you not risking?
Lowering your property values? It sounds to me
like you never considered risk in the first place.
Nor did you want to, because then you might
have to sacrifice some convenience and do yard
work.

Presumably you saw TV ads, wherein triumphant
homeowners defeated hordes of evil, cartoon
weed demons with only a spray bottle, then proceeded
to the backyard, superhero style, for a relaxing
barbecue, without fear that their loved ones might
be attacked by man-eating dandelions or crabgrass
monsters. If ads like that work, even on scientific
experts like yourself who know what DNA is, then
who needs Monsanto lobbying and sham studies?
They convinced you to buy and use their toxic chemicals,
which you don't need, at your own house, and all it
took was cartoon TV ads.
I can only hope for your sake that Monsanto
doesn't decide to remarket Roundup as a mouthwash
or jock itch cure.