Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default reset odometer

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 1:11:07 AM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
TekkieĊ½ wrote:
Retired posted for all of us...

On 2/13/15 8:50 AM, herb white wrote:
reset the odometer on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma to zero after an oil change

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eqd-light.html

+1 or RTFM or ask dealer or DAGS

Hi,
It sounds silly changing oil at certain mileage interval.
Acura oil change interval is not fixed like that. It
monitors engine running conditions and determine when to
turn the code B1(code for change oil) on. Also lot of driver convenience
features can be set to the likings of driver 1/driver 2 separately from
MID. When combined with after market remote starter brain, there are
many useful interesting possibilities.

Where did anyone say they were changing the oil at a certain mileage
interval? All I saw was a question about how to reset the service light
after an oil change. And even if they are changing it at a certain,
conservative mileage, I think that's probably better than relying on
letting the car manufacturer push it to 15K. In many cases the
manufacturer has incentive to push it, some now provide all service for
the first 75K miles or whatever. Less oil changes, more money in the
companies pockets. And any shortened engine life would only show up
much later.