Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:15:04 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

dgk wrote:

Ok, here's my possum story. Two actually. I live in NYC and have a
small backyard, 18" by 50" which tends to get very overgrown by
August.

There are possums in NYC? I grew up around Troy and they were just something
you read about or might see in a zoo. Well, there's everything else in the
city, might as well have possums too. Are the armadillos there yet?

Growing up here in central Ontario we never saw 'possum, but
apparently they hitch-hiked up on trucks crossing the border - they
hang on with their 4 paws and their prehensile tails - more with the
tails in fact- and drop off on the road.

They don't over-winter well so they have not become terribly numerous
-commonest place to find them is dead on the road just down-road from
a bump.

My brother has prodded quite a few off the undercarriage of his semi
over the years. (used to do a lot of transcontinental runs - texas,
georgia, Florida, Cali, etc to all over Canada.