Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

"Mayayana" writes:

Now, in this
thread, you've thrown in a quote saying glyphosate
is safe. In neither case did you even look at, much less
consider, the alleged evidence for your statements.

Yes, I quoted Wikipedia, which makes a pretty strong statement that
glyphosate is safe to use. I searched in the first place
because I had read before that the chemical is considered
safe and a poster asked:

The key issue there would seem to be:

A - Is glyposate at the levels found in foods consumed by people
a poison? Bleach is a "poison", yet it's added to municipal
water systems. So is flouride, which is also added to many
water systems.

B - What amount of glyphosate is left when the crop is consumed?
And is that level harmful? Crops are sprayed with a variety of
chemicals prior to harvest, eg insecticides. If that is OK, then
what is so unique about glyphosate on GMO crops?

So, my reply covered points A & B pretty well I think.

You think there is something wrong with me quoting that
section and not reading the 5 documents the article referenced?
I didn't follow any of the 3 links in that article either.
I'm SOOO guilty.

I offered up the article since I believe it was peer reviewed
and represents a consensus.

I didn't even look at the edit history, which I'm sure has been
quite active, you'd probably find all kinds of support for your
position, whatever it is, in the edit history.

I read the article, and I have some knowledge of how Wikipedia
works, and figured the article answered the questions posed.

I disagree that what I did is somehow wrong.

So, now I reviewed all the links.
I was going to post about each one, I typed it all in,
but I think I'm going to spare everyone...

So, one can drink a significant amount of Roundup and
not get real sick. It's not something to spray in the air to keep
cool, but spot application on weeds in my yard doesn't sound like a
risk.

--
Dan Espen