Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On 02/09/2015 06:08 PM, N. Cognito wrote:
Americans are waking up!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fields-o...ers-1422909700

More U.S. consumers are seeking out non-GMO foods, which proponents
perceive as healthier and friendlier to the environment.
Retail sales of GMO-free cereal, salad dressing, eggs and other food
products increased 15% to $9.6 billion last year, among the
fastest-growing U.S. food segments, according to market-research firm
Nielsen NV.
Nielsen sharply increased its non-GMO food sales estimate last year
after incorporating a broader range of products and stores.

The free market is the proper way to handle this. People
don't want to buy their products -- they are out of here.

I do think GMO products need to be labeled so that the
consumer can make an informed choice.

Of course, I also think that free glutamic (MSG) acid should
be labeled too, but I lost that one. (I gets included under
about 100 other liar names, such as Yeast Extract. Trader
Joe's is really bad about this.)