Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:53:47 -0500, "Ken Olson"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 08:00:13 -0700, rbowman

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:37:26 -0700, rbowman

So, I'm looking for another method to get rid of this opossum. I'd
like
to do it as humanely as possible, but will do whatever I must, since
it's already done a lot of damage by knocking things over and crapping
on stuff.

Any suggestions on what to use? Such as poison????

Baseball bat? Shovel? Hoe? It's only a damn possum.
They look a lot more fierce than they are.

I'd heard about possums and probably saw them in zoos but I never ran into
one in the wild until I was working a contract in Fort Wayne. Sure enough,
it hissed, drooled, and played dead when I wasn't impressed.by the
threats.
I put them right up there with blue heelers. God made the animal, looked
at
the results, and said "Let's try that one again."

King snakes use the same tact. First they do a good impersonation of a
****ed off rattlesnake. If that doesn't seem to be working, they launch
into
the dead snake act. King snakes are a lot prettier than possums though.

Ok, here's my possum story. Two actually. I live in NYC and have a
small backyard, 18" by 50" which tends to get very overgrown by
August. I have it fenced in, with fencing curving in at the top, so I
can let my cats roam around without them getting out. One August I'm
trying to find Espy, a cat with a mostly white face and a pink nose. I
pick up a bit of an evergreen so I can look under it, and there is a
whitish face with pink nose, but the nose is way too long. Yikes.

Your backyard is 1 foot wide and 5 feet long?

Ken

The 'possum only needs so much room to roam