Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Stick a fork in Monsanto...

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 10:02:39 AM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

| Anyone that defends GMOs is either ignorant
| of the facts or a chemical/agriculture industry shill.

Or an ostrich. That's probably the biggest category
by far: People who ignore anything that might involve
hassle or effort. It seems to be human nature. We don't
stop to remove a pebble from our shoe until we have
a sharp pain in the hip and are walking with a limp.

As usual, just hyperbole, totally devoid of any fact.
Speaking of fact, where's the cite I've asked for 10 times
now to backup your claim that Monsanto "forced" farmers to use
their product?

Then we get angry at the pebble for causing so much
trouble. If glyphosate turned out to be a potent
carcinogen, the ostriches would be the first to file
lawsuits.

The ostrich strawman.

Internet security and privacy is another good example
of that pattern. If offered a chance to ignore inconvenient
facts in favor of lounging in an existential hammock,
most people will instinctively ignore. Thus the role of the
salesman, who doesn't really trick anyone. He just helps
people to fool themselves.

More blather.